Business Immigration

Business owners, investors, international workers, corporations and students all trust Nanthaveth and Associates with their immigration objectives. How can we help you?

Business Immigration - Attorneys in Austin, TXAustin Business Immigration Law Firm

Nanthaveth and Associates offers legal assistance to corporations, immigrant workers, students, investors, and business owners looking to obtain a business visa in the United States.

Whether you are looking to enter the U.S for a brief business trip or for an extended period of time, our attorneys will help you discover the best path to take. For individuals interested in short term travel to the United States for the purpose of business, a B-1/ B-2 visitor visa is available.

Some short-term business activities include contract negotiations, business consultations or conferences set for specific dates. To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:

  1. The purpose your trip must be for a activities dealing with a legitimate business
  2. You plan on staying for a limited period of time
  3. You have the funds necessary to cover the expenses involved in your trip to the United States
  4. You have a residence outside of the United States, and you do not plan on abandoning that residence
  5. You are otherwise admissible to the United States

For corporations interested in hiring immigrant workers, there are a number of nonimmigrant (temporary) visas available. Depending on the type of workers the corporation will be sponsoring, visa types include but are not limited to an H-1B, H-2A, H-3, O-1 and P-1A. Religious Institutions are also eligible to sponsor workers through the R-1 Religious Worker program.

In addition to temporary work opportunities, there are 140,000 immigrant visas available each year to qualifying workers and their families. Business visas of this variety are offered in 5 preference categories, and they can be differentiated as follows:

First Preference


For individuals with extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business or athletics.
Second Preference


For individuals who hold advanced degrees in the arts, sciences, or business.
Third Preference


For professionals, skilled workers, and other workers.
Fourth Preference


For “special immigrants” such as religious workers, employees of U.S foreign service posts, retirees from international organizations, and other classes of aliens.
Fifth Preference


For certain business investors.


Additionally, Nanthaveth and Associates has extensive experience in F-1 and M-1 student visas. If you are interested in coming to the United States for the purpose of studying, we can help.

Whatever your business immigration needs, our team of attorneys will find the right solution for you, your corporation, and your family. Schedule a free consultation to talk with us today, and let’s see what we can do to help!

Are you in need of help from an expert immigration attorney?

Don't hesitate to contact Nanthaveth & Associates. We have helped many people in the same situation as you. Contact us today for a FREE consultation.

L-1A Visas

An L-1A visa is for intracompany transfers for executives and managers. Plainly, that means that this type of visa allows a U.S. employer to transfer an executive or manager from a foreign office to an office in the United States. Likewise, this visa is available to executives and managers who are part of a company that wants to set up an office in the U.S. because one doesn’t yet exist.

Learn More>>

L-1B Visas

O-1 Visas - Nanthaveth & Associates

The L-1B visa is a nonimmigrant visa available to professional employees with specialized knowledge who work for a company that has an office – or wants to set up an office – in the United States. It’s very similar to the L-1A visa, but it’s for employees with specialized knowledge, whereas the L-1A visa is for managers and executives.

Learn More>>

O-Visas & P-Visas

If you’re an artist or entertainer who wants to come to the United States, you could be eligible for a visa to do so based on your talent. Most artists and entertainers come to the U.S. on an O visa or P visa – and the type that’s right for you depends on your situation.

Learn More>>

Helpful Business Immigration Links

Artist Visas for the USA and Entertainer Visas for Foreigners

H-4 EAD Removal: What You Need to Know as an H-4 Visa Holder

New Investment Minimums for EB-5 Visas

All About H-2B Visas

The Economic Benefits of the H-1B Program

6 Temporary Work Visas an Immigration Lawyer Can Facilitate

Are you in need of help from an expert immigration attorney?

Don't hesitate to contact Nanthaveth & Associates. We have helped many people in the same situation as you. Contact us today for a FREE consultation.

Frequently Asked Questions

Nanthaveth & Associates Branding Guidelines 72dpi8

11211 Taylor Draper Lane Suite 107
Austin, TX 78759
Tel: (512) 371-9000

Hours: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Payment: all major credit cards, cash, check, money orders, cashiers check

Privacy Policy


Directions To Our Office

Areas Of Service